Thursday, January 27, 2011

JESUS : The Fish Finder

Have you ever been fishing, and not gotten any fish? If you are like me, you lose interest if nothing is happening. Wouldn't it be nice if we knew where the fish were? Then there are the times when you see the fish all around, but they're not biting. Well not much has changed in the past few years.

Luk 5:4 Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.

Luk 5:5 And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.
Luk 5:6 And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.
Luk 5:7 And they beckoned unto their partners, which were in the other ship, that they should come and help them. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink.

Joh 21:5 Then Jesus saith unto them, Children, have ye any meat? They answered him, No.

Joh 21:6 And he said unto them, Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find. They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes.

This may not seem like that big of a deal, but this was before actual fish finders, and the professional fisherman had been fishing all night long and caught nothing. In order for them to catch the fish now they had to make themselves available. They would have went home with nothing after a full nights work.
When you work for God he will bless you more than you could ever imagine. Not only did he fill their nets, but he filled them so much they could not get all the blessing in without help from another boat. The blessing filled two vessels. Without the availability of the first vessel, neither would have received a blessing.


Okay. maybe you are still thinking this is not as amazing as I do. Wait , I,m not done yet. Maybe you are thinking it was just a freak coincidence. How about this.
Mat 14:16 But Jesus said unto them, They need not depart; give ye them to eat.
Mat 14:17 And they say unto him, We have here but five loaves, and two fishes.
Mat 14:18 He said, Bring them hither to me.
Mat 14:19 And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.
Mat 14:20 And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the fragments that remained twelve baskets full.
Mat 14:21 And they that had eaten were about five thousand men, beside women and children.

Not only can he find fish in the water, but now he's finding fish on land. I don't care how you want to explain the finding fish in the water, this is not natural. Not only did he find fish, but he found ALOT of fish. To feed 5000 men not including women and children with five loaves of bread, and two fish? Not only did they eat, but they ate until they were full. When they were done eating there was still more food than when they started. Once again  you have to give him what you have in order for him to use it.
If I tried to feed 5000+ on five loaves and two fish, they would have left mad and hungry. Man alone could not have done this, but by giving the Lord what you have, you basket will overflow with blessing. If you have not noticed every time there has been a blessing, it is not just for the one person that is originally giving. It is not meant to keep all for yourself, but to give to everyone around you. We were put here to reach out, and touch the world.    
Luk 5:10 And so was also James, and John, the sons of Zebedee, which were partners with Simon. And Jesus said unto Simon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men.

Mat 4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

We are supposed to find people in this world and spread his word. We are supposed to be an example for Christ. God wants us to cast our net. And when we cast it we are not supposed to sift through the catch, but bring it to God. He will sort it out. We give him all that we pull in. He can use us to reach people that someone else may not be able to reach. When we come to Christ, we are not perfect. When I came to Christ, I was a sinner. I was not worthy of his grace and mercy. I still think from time to time how unworthy I  am. I have done nothing to deserve what he has done for me. But I am so thankful.
He picked me up out of my darkest place. When I was so deep in sin, I couldn't see light, He saw me. When I couldn't find a way out of my own pit, He lifted me up. He turned me around, and opened my eyes to see things in a different light. He found me. HALLELUJAH. THANK YOU JESUS.
 
Joh 1:45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

Joh 1:46 And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see.
Joh 1:47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!
Joh 1:48 Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee.

Jesus found Philip, so Philip could find Nathanael. We can reach the people in the world we came from, before our conversion. The people we use to run with will see you changed, and you can use that as a tool to reach others. They can see the difference in your life, and that is why it is so important to be Christlike. If there is no change, there is no conversion. How can we win others if there is nothing different about us?

  He sees us when we cant see him. He's watching us all the time. He has got his eye on us now.

No comments:

Post a Comment